For discussion purposes only
3000 Henry Street.
Port Moody, BC
LOTS 17-20 HENRY STREET
Natural. Friendly. Comfort.
This beautifully designed multi-family terraced building at 3000 Henry Street was created to mimic the surrounding landscape. With many elements for sustainable living, this project will benefit residents by providing:
- Family-oriented homes (60% of units will be 2+ bedrooms)
- Creative affordability options such as a rent-to-own program & lock-off units, as well as a locals first program
- Large amenity areas such as open office/work station, fitness room and a theatre
- The project is designed to be sensitive to the surrounding environmental context and incorporates numerous green features.
- Design that mimics the hillside location
3000 Henry is pursued and envisioned by local Port Moody principals of Aultrust Development who are passionate about creating a unique lifestyle for the residents through an artistically designed building that will be land mark for the City for generations to come. We care about the community and are incorporating programs to help streamline ownership for Port Moody residents through innovative solutions such as rent-to-own.
About 3000 Henry
The site’s transit-oriented location and proximity to community amenities (schools, parks, centers), and shops and services along St. Johns Street make it an optimal location for new multi-family homes in Moody Centre.
3000 Henry will bring multi-family housing options to Moody Centre.
The proposal will include:
- 173 apartment and ground-oriented homes;
- Range of unit sizes including 110 family-oriented homes (64% of units will be 2+ bedrooms);
- Project envisions contributing to the community through offering an affordability program which may consist of:
- 17 Rent-to-own units;
- 6 Lock-off units for rental;
- Approximately 1600 SF Fully accessible unit (to be operated by non-profit housing provider Kinsight Community Society).
* Details are currently under review and consideration between developer and the City of Port Moody
- Smaller, less expensive units may qualify for CMHC’s First-Time Home Buyer Incentive (i.e. studio and 1 bedroom units)
Environmental Preservation & Sustainability
3000 Henry is designed to be sensitive to the surrounding environmental context and incorporates numerous green features.
These features include:
- Additional streamside setbacks along Elginhouse Creek and West Channel.
- Compact building footprint (80% of the site is maintained in its natural state);
- Extensive landscaping;
- LEED Silver equivalency;
- BC Step Code Tier 2;
- Electric vehicle charging capabilities in all parking stalls; and
- Communal work stations for residents to foster a sense of community.
- 3km of improved trails accessible to the residents
Community Amenity Contribution
The project will contribute over $1 million in Community Amenity Contributions and up to $250,000 to the City’s Public Art Reserve Fund.
Land Mark Building
Located in the “City of the Arts”, 3000 Henry will bring unique and diverse architecture to Port Moody. The design includes a terraced building form that mimics the hillside location and provides for views and green roofs.
Compact Building Project
We value our green spaces in Port Moody, as a result, the project was designed to minimize the impact to the surrounding green areas.
- Development covers less than 20% site coverage
- Preserving a large amount of the natural landscape (50% of the site left open as amenity landscape and tree management areas)
- 1 acre park dedication to connect trails through the forested area above 3000 Henry Street (~ 28% of the site)
3000 Henry has been envisioned for over 14 years. In 2007, an application for an OCP amendment and rezoning was submitted for Lots 17-20 Henry Street. Subsequently, the proposal received council approval and 3rd reading in June 2012. It was rescinded by Council in February 2019 to incorporate more environmental considerations into the project. What we present today is the same design vision shaped by the Port Moody community.
Community Planning Advisory Committee (CPAC)
The project team presented the project to CPAC; they highlighted the project features, background, and timeline, changes, and discussed the project land use, sustainability, affordable housing, transportation, accessibility, etc. The full presentation is available online and meeting minutes are available on the City’s website.
Public Open house: A public open house was held on September 9th at Moody Middle School. Upon feedback provided by the CPAC, a 3D rendering of the proposal was displayed, showing the elevations from the adjacent building. The full video can be viewed at the following link.
Resubmission of Rezoning Application
A revised design was resubmitted to the city, which incorporated council feedback.
The application can be viewed here, this application contains information on Design Innovation and Sustainability, Environmental, Landscape and Outdoor Amenity, Geotechnical, Stormwater Management, Transportation, and Community Amenity Contribution.
Regular Council Meeting
The project was presented to Port Moody Council who rescinded the previously approved application, citing more stringent environmental regulations since approval. They encouraged the proponent to keep the current design aesthetic. The meeting can be viewed here. (time on video: 2:31:00).
3rd Reading Granted
The project was granted 3rd reading by Port Moody Council. Minutes can be found here.
Formal Rezoning Application
Formal Rezoning and OCP Amendment Application submitted to the city.
Initial schematic design options presented to the Planning Staff. See the Architect’s original description here.
Port Moody is a highly desirable place to live. It has access to extensive public transportation, availability of schools and community facilities, rich history, and magnificent natural green areas making it a highly sought after neighbourhood for families.
With a creative and artistic design, 3000 Henry will provide a lifestyle choice that is in tune with the aspirations of residents of the “City of the Arts”.
- Large patios
- Dog washing stations
- Bike repair & storage area
- Work stations (work from your residence, not your home)
- Fitness facilities
- Theatre room & art studio
- Outdoor rooftop garden & play area
- 3km of improved trails accessible to the residents
- Outdoor backyard
- Ride-share options
- Nearby transit, schools, community services and shops